Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 a year in review

As I sit here and patiently wait for baby number 2 to make her debut, I pondered on this year. I can't believe it's over, another year in the books. This year although easier than 2013 brought a lot of struggles and joys in itself. I know 2015 is bringing some new challenges and joys, I will share those at the end. Here is 2014 in review...

P.S. I am having mild contractions as I type, maybe each time one comes on I should type ow,haha, just kidding that would be annoying.



January: This one was 12 months ago and I barely remember that far back. This month brought me back to a love of teaching kids, I am so glad I took the time off but this is where my gifting lies. Funny how I am taking January off of teaching though due to baby. This is also the month where Mackenzie really started to grow up, first by transitioning into a big girl bed!





February: This month I got to teach in front of some amazing women at our Church's tea. Biggest blessing ever, and Mackenzie got dedicated at our church. At this time I realized how blessed I was that God led us to this new church home after losing ours. I am continually thankful for Genesis Church and our Pastor Josh Bingle.





March: This month skated by without a lot of changes. Sometimes those months are nice. I did throw a nice surprise party for my husband, I love any chance to show him how he is loved by others. 




April: This is the month we conceived Ainsley. I knew I was prego right away due to my extreme tiredness. Which never really seemed to leave me the whole pregnancy. This is also when Mondo started his new job at Carmax.




May: Was Mackenzie's first plane ride! We had fun in Minnesota. We also revealed to friends and family that we were pregnant at her 2nd birthday party.


June: Another uneventful month. We just started to prepare for some transitioning.



July: We moved in with my parents to save for a new house. I also posted one of my favorite posts from a devotional I did. Breaking out of the Beauty Mold.




August: Was the month we found out and revealed that we were having another girl. It was also the fun baby name bracket!



September: Mackenzie started getting into the holiday spirit early by watching "Santa Clause is coming to Town," on repeat.




October: Was the month of Whole 30, which I actually loved and look forward to doing it again!! This was a month I focused on settling down and enjoying each moment I had with my oldest little girl.



November: This was my first car accident. Which was bittersweet we lost our favorite car and became a one car family but, the damage done paid off the car and extra to pay off some debts. Mondo and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! Mackenzie saw her first movie on the big screen,Penguins of Madagascar, which she talked about for weeks afterwards.





December: I turned 31! I got to host my first big giveaway, again, Thank you to Lularoe and Kathy. I spent time with family and waited as patiently as I could for baby girl number 2.

It was a great year and as always challenged me. I learned how to parent a toddler, wait, I am still learning. I am looking forward to a new year. What I am most looking forward to is Mondo and I buying a house to callmake, and have as our own. Hopefully, we will also be able to buy a mid size SUV, to fit all the stuff we now need to tote around!! I am excited for our expanding family and to watch God bless us and change us in this new year. 

I got this idea from a friend and fellow blogger at Simply Elegant. Here were my top 5 posts for this year.

1. Blogmas Day 1: Lularoe giveaway
2. What! I am pregnant with number 2!
3.Pregnancy Update and Baby Name Reveal
4. Baby Gender Reveal
5. Whole 30 and me

Thank you for reading my blog, it is a great outlet for me and challenges me to be a better person. I look forward to another year of blogging. This past year I also read a lot of books. I plan on reviewing some of those soon. 

Dorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment