Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 38 weeks

Okay so FYI, I started making some changes to my blog on Christmas and I was updating the labels on the some posts, when it updated the post it changed the order of the posts and you may have gotten an email saying that I had made some new posts even though I didn't.

Back to our regular blog....

So I had my NST yesterday and the doctor brought up a word I am was not prepared to hear, "Induction". Apparently, they don't want gestational babies going past 40 weeks. So on Friday when I meet with my doctor again I have to set up an induction date for the following week. In shortened terms that means this is my last pregnancy update. It also means this may be the last post for a week or so, while I adjust to new a baby. I don't know when I will post again, hopefully one this week although I will be trying to induce myself, I don't really like the idea of pitocin. So, here's how this week has gone...


This was taken on Saturday we went to see the new Hobbit. This was my. "I am only dressed because I have to be." look. I was rocking the sweats!!



How far along: 38 weeks.
Gender: Girl!! Ainsley! I registered us at the hospital this week, so they will have a bracelet that says Ainsley on it!!
Weight gain:40 lbs, YUCK!!!! Good thing I was 10 lbs smaller this pregnancy because I still am 5 lbs under than when I gave birth to Mackenzie. Although I am 2 weeks extra prego.
Maternity clothes: Yes, when I try to wear regular t shirts, I always regret it. See picture above!
Stretch marks: yes. Still need to try those oils, I think I have given up hope though.
Belly button in or out: I think it is officially an outtie.
Sleep: Still no good. 
Miss anything:  I kinda miss work. KINDA
Cravings: Still carbonation!
Queasy or sick: Yes, I was sick early Saturday morning and my super sweet husband watched Max while I slept in. I didn't leave the bathroom from 4am to 6am. I fell back asleep at 6:30 am and didn't wake up until 9:30am. It was so nice. I still felt icky all day and was having contractions all day. I really thought Ainsley was going to come on Saturday.
Looking forward to: Being done I guess. It is so surreal knowing I am going to hold my baby girl within the week!

Last days of just us


I have so much to do before the week ends. I got Ainsley's bag packed but, not mine. I plan on posting pictures and a list of what I took and what I needed after I am home. I did bring up all the baby stuff, play pen, swing and we bought the new car seat. I started washing clothes and made a list of what we still need to find/buy or do. I am trying to soak up what little time I have left of just me and Mackenzie. We watch "Sleeping Beauty" daily, and do her new floor puzzles daily. It's nice just being us! I go through old pictures and reminisce about when she was a little baby. I am excited to expand our family and can't wait to meet this new little one.

Until next time,
Dorinda 

No comments:

Post a Comment