Friday, January 24, 2014

Kidmin: I Am Back!

I have rejoined the teaching world and I am excited! Only once a month to begin with but, I missed it!

I thought I would celebrate my return with a kidmin post. 
The most important part of kidmin is scheduling. If you don't have a plan for the kids they will make a plan for you. There are two foolproof plans that I use for my scheduling needs. 

First here's a real quick review of my Sunday.
I got teach on Prayer is talking to God. What a great lesson! I love teaching kids that they can pray. This was lesson 2 in the Fearbuster lesson by New Spring. This is a great resource for free curriculum, including inexpensive decorating ideas and videos. 
Thank you Kim for introducing me to it.





Schedule went great until 11 when church was supposed to be out. Apparently my first week teaching was also Genesis' longest service! So games were the filler same with more songs!

I choose to go with the hourglass schedule. Essentially if you picture an hourglass you want fun at top, serious in middle, and fun at end.


Example of:

5min: opening song

10min game

15min: praise and worship
10min: skit
15min: message
10min: memory verse
10min: review game


To really help this plan make sure all music and games reinforce the lesson. The best part of this lesson is it gets the sillies out, hits them with the lesson and gets them moving again before they get restless.

Second lesson plan is the up downs. Keep the kids moving is the goal.

An example is:


5min: welcome

10min: game

5min: bible story

10min: music
10min: message
10min: review game
10min: memory verse
10min: game


Split up your sit downs with stand ups. I love this schedule because it keeps the kids guessing, they don't know what's coming up next.

I hope these schedules help you in your kidmin adventures!

Kidmin loves,

Dorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment