Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year Expectations, Excitement, Enjoyment


This should be a short post, I don't have much to say, I wanted to get up a post for the new year! I loved doing blogmas but I must admit, it took out a lot of my inspiration so now I am looking for some new ideas!! Got any for me??

Here are a few ideas I have come up with!

Book Reviews 
- Diary of a Wimpy kid for parents and kidmin
- The Cousin's War Series Phillipa Gregory
- The Maze Runner Series James Dashner

I am hosting a baby shower this weekend and have been working on some super cute crafts for that, so I will post that next week!!
I also got a new sewing machine for Christmas so expect some more crafting.

Fashion faves maybe some Outfit Of The Day featuring me, baby and husband.

I will continue Mommy, Baby favorites. Be watching for a Christmas edition one, and a what's in my diaper bag. Maybe what I wish was in my hospital bag, that I never got to pack!!

Any other suggestions? I am all ears!!

Today I have been cleaning and taking down decorations, sad and happy all at the same time. This Christmas was lots of fun with our new little girl! Christmas night she started to figure out how to crawl, on Jan 2nd she full on learned how to crawl! Now she's into pulling herself up on everything!! New Years Eve we went to dinner at Hu Hot, one of our favorites. Then on a spur headed to a friend's house who was having a party. Mackenzie was the life of the party, and she loved ping pong. Whenever they hit the ball she laughed and laughed. We were home and in bed just before midnight. I don't set resolutions, I think that's just setting me up for failure. Although I am going to try and read one non-fiction book every month. I think I will start with Church Awakening by Charlie Swindoll. What are some of your "resolutions/goals"? I am excited for Valentine's day, I don't have a lot of decorations but, I do plan on getting more and maybe hosting a Valentine's Day party! Until then I will be happy to have a normal/ clean house although less festive!

We got quite a few Christmas cards, I'm sure you did too. I can never figure out what to do with them, I just hate throwing them away especially the ones with pictures. So I put them away for now, maybe  next year I will come up with something creative. I did search on pinterest for a few ideas.

Here's what I came up with.....



Create coasters from recycled Christmas Cards and scrapbook paper.  FREE INSTRUCTIONS pg 29.



How to make Christmas decorations from recycled Christmas cards



Hole punch your Christmas cards and bind them with two notebook rings, or even ribbon! Create a cover and cherish forever! Definitely doing this with all my YT cards.


What do you do with your Christmas cards from friends and family??

Now here's some cuteness from Christmas morning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment