Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby Shower!

I got to host a baby shower for a super sweet lady and Momma to be!!
It was such a blessing, honor and true joy to host this baby shower. I had the best help from my sister-in-law, a close friend, one of Momma to be's friend, and surprisingly my husband; who offered to cook!!


Here is the baby shower, along with some how-to's.

To start off, here are the baby shower invites I designed to send out. We ended up going with the top one. To make these I searched on pinterest for ones I liked, then, I used good ole publisher to duplicate them as best as i could.






Momma to be's nursery colors are coral, aqua, and green. She was going for a vintage eclectic feel. I wanted to use this inspiration for the baby shower.

We had the party 11am on a Saturday, so we had the party brunch style. This is where my amazing husband stepped in to help. He offered to come and make breakfast for my party!! 

The food....


Here is a picture of the food table.

The food we served, we did a yogurt bar.

Vanilla yogurt
granola
frozen berries
chocolate chips
angel food cake
apples
honey

We also served french toast triangles in small cups with syrup, bacon, lemon bars, brownies, and scrambled eggs with pepper, onions, and cheese.

The food turned out amazing. My only wish is that I took better and more pictures. 

To decorate the food table we used a light pink table cloth with a lace overlay. On the table we placed a silver bird cage (borrowed from a friend), diaper cake (instructions to follow), silver tiered candy dish with "It's a girl" mints from the dollar store. Behind the food table are 2 faux chalkboards I made using black and white poster board and white crayons, I love the look of this, and it's inexpensive. The only downfall it's not erasable, so really plan what you want to write. Above the food table are a bunch of paper lanterns.

I like the concept of the diaper cake but, not always the looks. So I decided to try my own.

What I used:
1 pack of newborn diapers from walmart (approx. $5)
rubber bands ( I had a ball of them)
fleece blanket from walmart ($2)
safety pins
ribbon
hair bows - 6 pack from walmart ($3)

To make I started out by rolling a rubber banding the diapers



I found to roll them it was easiest to go top to bottom. This kept the rolls nice and neat. Also, to expand the rubber band in a big x shape (as shown above) to keep diapers rolled.

Then I started placing them in a circle, using multiple rubber bands to hold in place.



Next I covered with the fleece blanket using safety pins to hold in place.



Once I got to the baby shower I used ribbon and clear tape to decorate the top. Also a friend who made cookies for momma to be placed those on top for added decor. It looked super cute, placed on a cake stand, with hair bows lining the bottom!!



As guests arrived for the baby shower this is what they were greeted by.



On the table were,

Baby's first photo (ultrasound)
book page flowers, in clear vases
picture of momma to be revealing baby gender
wishes for baby paper to fill out
basket to place wishes for baby
and a mason jar full of pens.


I used this as the "guest book" for the baby shower. How fun will this be for baby to read in the future!!

I also made 2 pennants ( a.k.a bunting) for the baby shower and for momma to be to use as nursery decor.


The left one I used as decor to the main meeting room. I cut scrapbook paper, the triangles are 6" wide and 12" long, attached to floral ribbon. Not pictured I added 1.5" pin wheels to a few of them.

The one on the right, I got inspiration from a local boutique. Cut lined school paper, left over scrapbook paper, and cream construction paper to triangles 3" wide by 4" long. Attached to fabric ribbon, then folded the fabric ribbon over top and glued again.

Here is how I used the bigger pennant.


The smaller one was above the gift table, along with another bird cage and a picture of parents to be.


I almost forgot to mention the drinks. I made a faux mimosa using frozen orange juice and 7 up. We also served water, tea (cold and hot), and coffee.

For one of our games, I froze some small plastic babies (from hobby lobby) in ice cube trays. First one to have a floating baby and yell, "My water broke". Won a prize, Artistry nail polish and lip gloss, provided by momma to be.

We also played guess the belly size, and team nursery rhyme mad libs.

Everyone broke off into teams of 6. I gave them page one to fill out and then page 2 to fill in the blanks. All the teams read them out loud and momma to be picked her favorite.

Mad Libs Nursery 1:
1.       Noun:
2.       Verb:
3.       Liquid:
4.       Body part:
5.       Verb (ending in ing):
Mad Libs Nursery 1:
Jack and Jill went up the (1.)_______________ to (2.) _____________________ a pail of (3.)___________________. Jack fell down and broke his (4.) _____________________ and Jill came
(6.) __________________ after.
Mad Libs Nursery 2:
1.       Noun:
2.       Adjective:
3.       Adjective:
4.       Plural noun:
Mad Libs Nursery 2:
Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your (1.) ______________ grow? With  (2.) _______________ bells and  (3.) ______________________ shells and (4.) _________________ all in a row.
Mad Libs Nursery 3:
1.       Animal (plural):
2.       Noun:
3.       Verb (past tense):
4.       Body parts (plural):
5.       Adjective:
6.       Verb:
7.       Noun:
Mad Libs Nursery 3:
Three blind (1.)  _________________,  see how they run. They all went after the (2.) ________________ wife, who (3.) _____________________ of their (4.) _____________________________ with a/an      (5.) _______________ knife. Did you ever (6.) ____________________ such a (7.) __________________  in your life as three blind (1.) __________________________.
Mad Libs Nursery 4:
1.       Food:
2.       Food:
3.       Group of people:
4.       Group of people:
5.       Verb:
6.       Verb:
Mad Libs Nursery 4:
Georgie Porgie, (1.) __________________ and (2.) ________________________.
Kissed the (3.) ________________ and made them cry.
When the (4.) ______________________ came out to (5.) _________________________.
Georgie Porgie (6.) ___________________ away.
Mad Libs Nursery 5:
1.       Animal:
2.       Musical instrument
3.       Animal
4.       Large object
5.       Animal:
6.       Household item:
7.       Household item:
Mad Libs Nursery 5:
Hey diddle, diddle,
The (1.) ____________________ and the (2.) _______________________,
The (3.) ________________________ jumped over the (4.) ________________________.
The little (5.)______________________ laughed to see such sport,
and the (6.) ____________________ ran away with the (7.) ___________________________.
Mad Libs Nursery 6:
1.       Animal:
2.       Verb:
3.       Number:
4.       Verb:
Mad Libs Nursery 6:
Hickory, dickory, dock,
The (1.)___________________________ (2.) __________________________ up the clock.
The clock struck (3.) _____________________________
And the (1.) ______________________________ (4.) _________________________ down.
Hickory, dickory, dock.
Mad Libs Nursery 7:
1.       Animal:
2.       Color:
3.       Verb:
Mad Libs Nursery 7:
Mary had a little (1.) ___________________________________,
It’s fleece was white as (2.) _______________________________.
And everywhere that Mary (3.)_____________________________ the (1.) ______________________ was sure to go.
Mad Libs Nursery 8:
1.       Noun:
2.       Noun:
3.       Adjective:
4.       Verb:
Mad Libs Nursery 8:
I’m a little (1.) _________________ short and stout. Here is my (2.) ________________________ here is my spout. When I get all (3.) ________________________, here me shout. (4.) ____________________ me over and pour me out.

Momma to be opened gifts, I really wish I had pics!!

In the background during the baby shower I played a custom playlist I made using Youtube Music Downloader. Here is the 30 songs I played (I know too many, but I kept finding more and more). Picking out songs was probably one of my favorite parts, I also loved all the songs I felt there was some whimsy and fun in it!!

  1. When you Wish upon a Star - Disney
  2. Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble
  3. A You're Adorable - Jo Stafford and Gordon MacRae
  4. All American Girl - Carrie Underwood
  5. L-O-V-E Nat King cole
  6. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Disney
  7. Bella's Lullaby - Rob Pattinson
  8. Brahms' Lulluby - Disney
  9. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
  10. It Had to Be You - Harry Connick Jr.
  11. Lovebug - Jonas Bros
  12. Gitchi Gitchi Goo - Disney
  13. Cinderella - Steven Curtis Chapman
  14. My Hope is in You - Instrumental (Very cool, only on youtube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgUbZr5Hgw
  15. Bubble - Colbie Calliat
  16. A Whole New World - Disney
  17. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
  18. Clair De Lune - Debussy
  19. Just the Way You are - Bruno Mars
  20. Love Story - Taylor Swift
  21. Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - Disney
  22. Today was a Fairytale - Taylor Swift
  23. Unbrella - Marie Digby
  24. Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
  25. Set the World on Fire - Britt Nicole
  26. Fireflies - Owl City
  27. Daughters - John Mayer
  28. Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift
  29. Dare You to Move - Switchfoot (haha get it? Welcome to the planet, welcome to exsistence!!)
  30. Baby Mine - Disney (Dumbo)
  31. Butterfly Kisses - Faith Hill

And that was the baby shower. I had so much fun hosting and hope I get to host more!!


Love to Shower others with Love,
Dorinda 


No comments:

Post a Comment