Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blogmas Day 5: Christmas crafting


I love the look of a homemade Christmas and I can't wait to have all of Mackenzie's Christmas crafts hanging around the house and on the tree! So this year I decided to make some for my house, of course Pinterest came to my aide!! I hope this day 5 of blogmas gives you some great ideas for your house, some of these are so easy you could do them with your kids for great bonding time!!

As you know before I dive into the crafting of Christmas time here is husband's day 5 of Christmas.


For the 5th day of Christmas your true love gave to you... 5 notes of love!! The cost for this one?? Nothing, yay! I tried to focus on area's of his characteristics, but it was hard to only pick 5 to comment on. I then hid them around the house, one in the bathroom, tv, wallet, car, ipad. He had fun trying to find them, I had fun trying to hide them without him seeing. HAHA!! I really think this is a great gift for anyone, people always need some sort of encouragement or reminder that they are loved. Day 5 of blogmas is coming your way!

I have already told you how I made my Christmas tree garland and Star Wars snowflakes. The Star War snowflakes were kinda difficult but these other ones I am about to show you were super simple to make. In honor of day 5 I will be giving you 5 christmas crafts!!

1. Merry Christmas banner


Taking scrapbook paper I used a 1/3 measuring cup as my template for the outer circle and 1 tablespoon for  the inner circle template. I then taped the circles together and wrote "Merry Christmas" in fancy handwriting on them, taped to string and hung. After hanging I realized they needed some weight to keep them upright, so I taped paperclips to the back to keep them facing the right direction.

2. 3d snowflakes


I loved the way these turned out and plan on using them in place of bows on some presents. Here is the link for them. These are super easy to make and a great craft with kids!!! You just need scissors, tape and paper!! It was fun to make them!!

3. Pinwheels


These are pretty easy as well, the difficult part is keeping them attached. Here is the link I used to make mine!

4. Magazine Tree

(sorry so dark)

This tree was so easy to make, I just sat watched a Christmas movie as I folded a old magazine to make this super cute Christmas tree. You could paint yours, I liked all the colors on mine!Click Here for the tutorial 


5. Chocolate Mice

(not mine)

These are the most requested goody treat my sister in law and I make every Christmas. Mine are a little different than the ones in the picture. Pretty easy to do. Melt a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave by putting them in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute stir, then microwave for 30 sec, stir. Repeat until runs smoothly. Take some Marciano cherries, with the stems, dip them in the chocolate to cover. Attach hershey kisses for the face, then place some m&m's  for the ears. Set on wax paper until dry. Then eat!!!

I hope you enjoy these 5 fun, and easy Christmas crafts.

Happy crafting,
Dorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment