Monday, December 17, 2012

Blogmas Day 4: Christmas makeup



On the fourth day of Christmas this blogger gave to you holiday makeup how-to's. Here are 3 makeup looks that will spice up any holiday outfit and my tips to achieve them.


Before that hubby's 12 days of Christmas day 4!


20121215_202314.jpg

This one was pretty simple to accomplish, he likes P.B. Twix, I just bought king size. I like that it has the number 4 on the package. What could he have received for day 5? Return tomorrow to find out!!


I love this green eyeliner Hayden wore in a episode of nashville, I loved it so much I wore it the next day to a holiday party!
It was simple to recreate:
1. Put taupe on eyelids
2. Line the lower lash line with green eye shadow
3. Pull up into a slight cat eye
4. Line only 1/4 of upper lid with green eye shadow
5. Smudge eye liner with q-tip
6. Apply mascara (focus on the corners of eye)

Julianne Hough - Stunning Holiday makeup.

I love the red lip! I don't wear it often because I tend to eat off my lipstick.
Here's how to make it last all night!!
1. Apply foundation and powder to lip (if lips are cracked brush lips with tooth brush to get off excess skin)
2. Line lips with matching shade of lip liner as lipstick
3. Apply lipstick
The powder helps make lipstick last, the liner makes it pop more, the lipstick adds a gloss.


One of my all time favorite looks is metallic smokey eye.
Here's how I achieve it:
1. Start with light color or even white and apply to whole lid
2. Take silver eye shadow and put in crease, pull from the crease into lower lash line.
3. Line with black or brown eyeliner
4. Apply mascara

A few extra tips for makeup.
1. Focus on one part to feature
if focusing on eyes: keep cheeks and lips neutral
focusing on lips: keep cheeks and eyes neutral

2. Take pictures of your look before you head out
the mirror can lie to you but flash never does!

3. Have fun!
Don't follow all the rules, most of them are meant to be broken

See you tomorrow for day 5!!

I love blogging,
Dorinda 

No comments:

Post a Comment