Tuesday, September 18, 2012

5 Fall Fashion Faves and Some New Trends Worth a try


I love fall!! It is one of my favorite seasons, the smells, the holidays, the shopping!! I also love fall fashion, being able to wear layers of cuteness and not hiding it under a big bulky coat. Here are a few of my favorite fall fashions and a few new trends I am excited to try!

5 fall fashions I love!!

#1: Boots
Diva Lounge Iona-14 Buckle Thigh High Wedge Boot
Any size, knee high, booties, flat, heel.
I do tend to wear flats, same height as my husband I don't want to be too tall!

Here is a great site for boots: Urban OG (click the link to see them)

#2: Denim

Jackets, shirts, jeans! Love it all! One of my favorite pieces is a cropped denim jacket that I had, I cut off the  sleeves to turn it into a vest. It's a great piece! I also love my denim shirt (chambray), it goes great with anything, maxi skirt, dress, jeans (yes you can do double denim). Great staple! And of course jeans are great! Remember dark jeans can go anywhere (except maybe black tie) and are flattering on everybody.

#3: Sweaters


Great for fall days, keep you warm without over heating! I love mine chunky and loose, but I also love the look of a fitted cardi. Rachael Bilson is the queen of sweaters always looking great. Here are a few pics of her:



Here are a couple of tips you can take from Rachael: One, throw a sweater over top a dress for a new mix. Two, keep your proportions right, loose on top/ tight on bottom. Three, stop the sweater at the right spot, hips, or remember if going long keep it tighter on the bottom.

#4: Scarves


Scarves are a great way to add a pop of color, different textures, or a fun pattern. Belt it with a cardi for a new look or tie it to your purse to get a new purse on the cheap.

#5: Maxis


Skirts or dresses, maxis are great. Take them into the fall by adding layers to the mix, add a cardi to the dress, chambray top to the skirts. Love them!!

Bonus: NFL Gear!
Support your team (or your man's team) with some great NFL wear. There are some great pieces for women out there.

Victoria Secret's PINK (click the link) has some great pieces.
I love this top















Alyssa Milano's Touch (another link)

Touch by Alyssa Milano San Diego Chargers Women's Laced Up Hooded Sweatshirt - NFLShop.com
What a comfy sweater















Junk Food (<----- click here) Beware tends to run small!
N1828-3147 “NFL San Diego Chargers Vintage Touchdown Tank”
Love this tank
















NFL Shop (This link tends to be spendy)
Women's Cuce San Diego Chargers Side-liner Sweatshirt - NFLShop.com
Can I have this please?
















Here are some new fall trends, I am super excited to try and some that are staying.

Leather Skirts
Alice + Olivia Box Pleat Leather Skirt
Think A line! Keep it flowy and go for a great fall color like cognac!

Waxed Pants

CITIZENS OF HUMANITY 'Rocket' waxed skinny jean

It's a denim that looks like leather. Great sheen with comfy feel. Anne or Shine (click the name to be taken to the video) shows how to make your own pair for a great price. I love the burgundy ones she makes!!

Printed/ colored denim
Dittos Dawn Twill Pant in Hunter Green

Go for a fall color, hunter green or burgundy are going to be hits!
Be on the lookout for polka dot jeans!

Tribal Print
I am looking for a great cardi in a tribal print!

Miso Aztec Cardigan


Military/ Utilitarian:


Lauren by Ralph Lauren Ainee military style wool jacket


















I love this trend! An easy way to add this is to look for small details, buttons, shoulder accents. I love this trend!


Here is my fall fashion guide. Sorry it was long but, I thinks it's worth it!! Tell me what your favorite thing is about fall!!




PSST! I added a new way to get new clothes for a great price to my last blog! Check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment