Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mommy and Baby Favorites



#1 Boudreaux’s Butt Paste

A friend gave this to me at my baby shower, swearing it was the best stuff out there. I agree!! When Mackenzie got an irritated bottom during her first 2 weeks of life I started to use it and it cleared up in less than a day. Now I rub some onto her butt every night before bed and she hasn’t had an irritated butt since.


#2 Muslin Swaddling Blanket

Another gift from a friend that lives in Oklahoma. At 3 weeks old Mackenzie stopped sleeping as well as she used to, her constant wiggling would wake her up. So I started swaddling her, but found this hard to do with her receiving blankets and with it being June plus her running warm in her sleep I worried she would get too hot. Then in the mail, I received my answer, thin swaddling blankets. These ones are made elegant baby and are 48” by 48”. You could easily buy printed muslin (I found some at Hancock fabric), cut it to size and hem the sides to keep from fraying or use fray check.

#3 Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize

Although this is mostly for during pregnancy there are some great prayers for fear and doubt in here as well. I read this book weekly while I was pregnant; I think sometimes doctors are just there to create fear in your life (I know they really aren’t). I liked turning to this book to remind myself that there is nothing to fear and God is always by my side. I buy this book for all my friends as soon as I find out that they are pregnant.




#4 Netflix, Huluplus, DVR, and smartphone.

I decided to combine all these into one since they kind of fit into one description to keep my sanity! On my smartphone I created a playlist for my baby with soft music and worship songs that I played for her while in my tummy. I still play those for her while she is sleeping. I also use my smartphone to read books while breastfeeding (another great idea from a friend). Hulu, Netflix and DVR gives me stuff to watch while up late at night with a sleepless baby, or during the day while baby is sleeping.


#5 Baby Trend Car Seat and Stroller

I love the triangle handle on my car seat. It makes it a lot easier to carry, and hand off when daddy needs to carry her. I also love my stroller, since the weather was mostly nice while on my maternity leave I was able to meet up with a friend and go for walks. This is a great way to get the much needed adult interaction and get in a workout, since my doctor won’t let me get back in the gym yet.




Although there is more items I can share that are mine and baby’s favorites. These are a few of the ones that helped me keep my sanity during my maternity leave. 

What are some of your favorite baby items?

1 comment:

  1. My Boppy pillow was amazing when Kaiya was a newborn. I could put her in it on the couch next to me when she fell asleep and she would still feel something around her like mommys arms. Even when she was awake it was nice because she could sit up a bit and look at everything around her!

    ReplyDelete