Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ainsley Update 6 month

Little Miss has been growing so FAST!! Of course, and no matter how hard I try I can not slow it down. She is officially 1/2 way to her first birthday and we just had our 6 month check up. Here is an update on how she is growing!!


Our friend Myk captured this amazing pic!!

Weight: 16lbs 13oz (64%)
Height: 25"
Head: 42.5"
Clothes: 6- 9 month
Diaper: size 2



We started solids at 4 months. I prefer to make my own baby food although it has been a little slow, this making it, due to our busy schedule. So far we have had, banana, avocado (not a fan), sweet potato, butternut squash with a little cinnamon, applesauce (today), and oatmeal cereal. I have in the works to make carrots and beet soon. Also, I have given her puffs, few bites of sister's mac and cheese and bites off my ice cream.

She is a rolling machine and can get anywhere she wants, as long as it is to the right of her. HaHa! For some reason that is the only way she rolls, although she will scoot around until desired object is on the right side of her and then proceed to roll. She also has gotten onto her hands and knees once.



Sleeping through the night is a NO! Although, I do blame myself. Since the 4 of us share a room I was always afraid to let her fuss in fear she would wake up Mackenzie. In the last few months I have learned Mackenzie sleeps like a rock, therefore no need to worry. So, I have started to sleep train with her. I let her fuss for no more than 15 minutes (although this is not a solid cry, more of a whine or talking to get attention) then I give her binky and rub her back for 5 minutes, usually she will go back to sleep. She still scares herself when she rolls over in the middle of the night. I think when we can get her into her crib where she has more room this will solve the problem. Also, she wakes up at 5 am sure thinking she is starving. Goal is to first deal with the 1 am wake up (that is the above routine), then deal with the 5 am feed. Also I am soon to work on putting her in bed not all the way asleep. Girl, loves to be snuggled and cuddled all day, errday. 

Napping is a hit and miss, she is tired every 2 hours and will sometimes sleep 15 min at a time and then take a good 1 to 3 hour nap later in the after noon. I need to work on a schedule but, I find this challenging with a toddler. Mackenzie will go in her room and wake her up or we are out and about and a noise will wake her up.


Our very loose schedule (this happens about 3 days a week. I am hoping to make a consistent one in the next month)

5 am snack and go back to sleep
7-8 am wake up
8 am breakfast (cereal and BF or 4 oz)
930 am nap (15 min or if lucky can get up to 1 hr)
(sometimes a few powernaps and maybe a bottle in between)
12 lunch (just started this, fruit or veggie and BF and 4 oz)
1 pm nap (This one can be up to 2 hours once it was 3!!)
330 pm snack (BF)
5 pm Watches us eat dinner and has a few puffs (if she can get them in her mouth or guilt gramma or gg into feeding her)
7 pm another power nap
730 pm bath (we shoot for T, Th, Sat)
8 pm Dinner ( cereal and veggie, BF or 4 oz)
Get ready for bed
830 - 9 asleep.
1 am wake up (see above notes)



Ainsley is an extremely happy baby! She loves to smile at every one, laughing can be more challenging. She is in love with her older sister and just stares at her all the time. Especially in the car!!! 
To go to sleep she likes her taggie and a blanket no matter the temp! She also must be held to go to sleep. No sleeping while playing!!



Ainsley,
It is a joy and honor to be your mommy! You love to make people smile and always brighten up every room! People love to talk to you! Mommy and Daddy and Sister have always and continue to pray for you! You are a blessing and anointed. I know you will do great and mighty things. Mommy loves you more than cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment