Wednesday, May 6, 2015

An Ode to the Super Mom

Some days as a mom you feel like a failure, or question your every move. I have even had moments where I have doubted any ability I have to be a mom. I am pretty sure a few things I am doing I will traumatize her for the rest of their life, or a a least require expensive amounts of counseling. 

It's days like these that it is hard to remind myself; that with God all things are possible. Even the impossible job that feels like parenting. Or even that I am made to be more than a conqueror, I am fearfully and wonderfully made (that's for the days I can't remember if I brushed my teeth or that all the clothes I am wearing have miscellaneous stains). So, this is an ode to those days where life just keeps spinning.


Super Mom!

The women who can accomplish any job while holding a baby.
Including cook, eat, and clean up a whole entire meal.
Whose super powers include super hearing, including knowing when a toddler is too quiet.
Being able to function on little to NO sleep and a few sips of coffee.
So kind hearted to share the above coffee, and all other needed treats.
The lady with eyes all around her head to spot the child sliding backwards down the slide and the other one about to flip off a swing.
Another super power of super speed for when any child tries to run the opposite way of mom.
Negotiating skills to calm an unreasonable threenager into eating broccoli even if it's only one bite.
The woman who can heal with a gentle kiss and dry some tears with kind words and a hug.
One who can navigate a crazy tornado of toys to spot the little much needed binky.
Finally, the lady who can rock spit up on her shoulder like no other!

I know there is so much more I can hit on and that is just a few things that we do on a daily basis. Just remember you are amazing and you rock!!

Have a great mother's day week! Use those super powers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment