Wednesday, February 25, 2015

You are Worthy

source


In the book of John there is a phrase said 4 times and honestly it made me LOL! Literally I laughed out loud. It is "the disciple whom he loved." Now why does this make me laugh? It is not completely for certain that John wrote the book of John but, it is pretty certain. So, that means John said this about himself. At first I thought, "How arrogant!" Then after some thought, prayer and a sermon or two I realized this isn't his ego, this is knowledge. He knew he was greatly loved by Jesus. I don't think this is ridiculous of him to think. John was one of the three that Jesus would take with Him to close quarters. John was also found to be sitting on Jesus' lap, and at death Jesus asked John to take care of His mother. It's not hard to say these 2 had a close relationship and that he was a disciple whom Jesus loved.

Through this we can learn something from John. We can have the confidence to say; "I am someone who Jesus loves." Sometimes we forget how much we are loved by Him. We look at our mistakes, failures, shortcomings and we say; "God can't love me, or maybe God loves me but, I am not one of His favorites. Shoot! I am not even a blip on His radar." That isn't true, you are one of His favorites, He doesn't look at your shortcomings, failures, or even sins. He looks at you and sees you covered in Jesus' blood, He sees you as someone His son died for so that He could have a close intimate relationship with you. Don't believe me? Let's look at some scriptures that tell us what he thinks of you. 

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
(read all of 139, it's great!)

Song of Solomon 6:3
I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine;

Matthew 10:30-31
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 3:16
 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(replace world with me)

I could go on and on but, I think this is enough to prove my point. He created you knowing you would make errors and have mistakes. He spent time creating you and He did not make a mistake! He claims you as His! He has spent time counting the hairs on your head, planned out your future and sent His son to die so He could be intimate with you.

This week look in the mirror and say; "I am someone who Jesus loves." Every time one of your shortcomings, mistakes, sins pops up it's ugly head remind yourself; "I am someone who Jesus loves." Any time you feel lonely or unworthy shout out; "I am someone who Jesus loves." Repeat; "I am someone who Jesus loves." until it's so written on your heart that you won't ever forget that You, yes You, You are someone whom Jesus loves. Take a cue from John crawl up in His lap, hear His heartbeat and be reminded that He loves you!

source


Dorinda

1 comment: