Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blogmas Day 3: Our Thanksgiving in review

Yesterday's bake goodies activities; I decided to be a good girl and not make the full of sugar pancakes for my breakfast, instead I made healthy ones out of almond flour. I am currently trying to cut out gluten. They were gross and I was slightly disappointed, I plan on trying a different recipe in the near future. Actually a friend (wholesomelyfitposted some chocolate peanut butter, gluten free, veagan ones I want to try! Yesterday's advent activity was to bake goodies, I decided we would make our popcorn bark or mix or whatever you want to call it. Wednesdays we have a book study group come over so I thought it would be the perfect snack for tonight. Mackenzie loved helping make it, and it's a super easy one to make. You can view how I make it  herebut basically you fill a lined cookie sheet with chex cereal, popcorn, pretzels and drizzle white chocolate on it. Then add other fun toppings, we did one with graham crackers, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows for a smore's flavor, and one with eggnog candy corn I got from Winco.



Today's advent activity is to watch a Christmas movie. Easy request to fill except when we actually have to pick one movie!

Here is the scripture we are reading for the day. I hope you and your family are enjoying these scriptures too.

Isaiah 11:1-10

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of might,
    the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord
and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
    or decide by what he hears with his ears;
but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
    with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
    with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
Righteousness will be his belt
    and faithfulness the sash around his waist.
The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a] together;
    and a little child will lead them.
The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
    and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
    as the waters cover the sea.
10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious

Here are how all the Thanksgiving decorations turned out. I did back out of the coffee filter poms, which made me sad. I realized I just didn't have time to make them. I am thinking Christmas but, not super sure. I really love the look of them.





As usual once the fun started I put down my phone and forgot to take pictures. Mondo borrowed a turkey fryer from a guy at work. O my! That turned out to be one of the best turkeys ever. I think I need to buy him one as a Christmas gift so we can have more fried turkey!! Everybody loved the turkey and it cooked in half the time. If you haven't tried fried turkey I would recommend it!! We had lots of food including Whole 30 butternut squash apple soup, garlic mashed potatoes, individual candied yams, homemade cranberry sauce and so much more!! For dessert my mom and I made a bunch of mini pies, my sister in law brought peanut butter brownies with a whipped peanut butter topping, and my aunt brought ice cream. It was enough to put you in a sugar coma. After dinner we sat and looked at black friday ads plotting our shopping and then after dessert everyone left to get rested up for SHOPPING!! More on black friday later.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!! I will see you tomorrow but, don't forget to enter to win free lularoe leggings, here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment