Wednesday, March 12, 2014

DIY: Cheap Chalkboard

I know I said I would be posting a new point on my "Fight Like A Girl" series each week. Since this topic is so important to me I want to make sure I spend a lot of focused time on each point so, I will post every other week. Also, I plan on blogging again two times a week here shortly.

Until then here is how I made a super cheap chalkboard to last until I find the perfect frame to make my own.

Start off with one black and one white poster board. Measure 3" in and draw a square. This see through large ruler really helped!



Cut that square out with out cutting the edge. Give inside square to your toddler to draw on to keep them busy!!


Next hand draw your frame outline. I just rounded out the corners, use a cup to help keep it perfect. I also rounded out the edge. You only have to do half of the frame, just carefully fold in half before cutting to ensure they both match.


Glue the black poster board and white frame together.


Cut off any showing black.

Measure string across the back and glue down, near the top. I chose to use string so I can take it off the wall to draw on.



Draw on your board with chalk.



To erase use a slightly damp cloth, I found wet wipes worked great. There will be residual chalk, that just makes it look more realistic. When it gets two worn down just replace the black. Also, I am going to try painting it with a thin layer of homemade chalk paint? I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks, have a great week!!
Dorinda



No comments:

Post a Comment