Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Road trip essentials

Our Spontaneous weekend, last weekend (weekend before labor day)!



Husband and I decided at 10:30am on Saturday that we should head to Seattle after I got off work that day at noon. So, I called my mom and asked her to take Mackenzie overnight and count down the minutes until work was over. I raced home and packed. 

Here is what I brought with me!




Hair: hair bands, bobby pins, headband, dry shampoo, teasing comb
Sea salt spray (made myself); I love this stuff, so easy and gives your hair great texture! 


tip: use a large prescription bottle to hold your hair ties and bobby pins
(just make sure to take off the label)


toiletries: face wash, toner (made myself), face wash clothes, moisturizer, make up remover (made myself), cotton pads, deodorant, body spray (not pictured), toothbrush and steripodtoothpaste


Makeup: tinted moisturizer, cover up, powder and brush, lipstick that doubles as blush, bronzer and brush, neutral eye pallet and brushes, black eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss



Clothes: hi-lo top, leggings, cute flats, tank, pj shorts, flip flops



Purse: Book, Magazine, Fuzzy socks, Sweater, Pouch to hold i.d., Charger, Pill box

Here is how my hair and make up turned out and the earrings I rocked the whole weekend:



On the way there, I wore yoga pants and a tee, nothing special.


First stop IKEA!  I LOVE this store and even though little miss was not in attendance, she sure got spoiled. 

Things we bought:

We then raced to Southcenter mall, they were closing in an hour. Not a lot of time but enough to get some cute joe fresh pieces for Mackenzie. From there we walked to Target where I scored a cute baseball tee. Then to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. They have a great skinny menu and hubby and I split a super delicious red velvet cheesecake. Then to check into our hotel. I did good I only called to check on Mackenzie 3 times haha!


Next day we went to a Mariner game. Then headed to Northbend for more shopping!

Here are some pretty flower I saw in Northbend:



items I forgot that I wish I hadn't
travel hairspray
tums

Stuff I brought and didnt use
dry shampoo (because I washed my hair before we left but this is still an esential I will always pack)
teasing comb (the sea salt spray gave nice volume)

I loved the spontaneity of our trip and husband and I had a BLAST!  Even though we both so missed little one it was a great idea. What are some of your road trip essentials? Have you ever done anything that spontaneous before?

Next week is my weight loss update, did this road trip competely ruin my goals??

Road trippen,
Dorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment