Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Baby Room!

So lots of people have been asking and it is finally finished! Everyone gets to see baby's room!! I know she's 4 months old, I should have had it done a long time ago! But hey, she won't know any different!! I won't make you wait any longer. Here is the room...... (warning this blog has lots of pictures and is long!)


 Here is my favorite view. This chair in the corner is my favorite!!

I kept the color scheme gray, black, white, with pink accents. With having neutral colors I was able to add lots of shades of pink to keep it girly. I love that this room will be easier for her to grow in, not much changes needed as she ages.


This is the view as you walk in, I will show more details down below. The super cute under bed storage container is from Ikea. It matches her toy chest that you will see in another shot. A lot of the self-made decorations doubled as decorations at my baby shower.



 This shot is from the same spot but higher so you can see the ceiling.
Chandelier: Ikea


 The color is a little off but, this is the view from standing by the shelves seen in above pictures.

Small picture frames are from a yard sale, I got them for 25 cents each, I just spray painted them white. Mirror in the center is another yard sale find that I also spray painted white. I did get spray paint on the mirror but, Goo Gone took it off no problem!! The white one in the left hand corner is a picture of a tree a friend drew, and then at my baby shower everyone put their pink thumbprints as leaves, for my guestbook. The one far right is a bulletin from our church that features Mackenzie as a super hero!!

Dresser: Kmart


These shots are her closet. Look at all those shoes!! The closet organizer again is from Ikea, I was given a cute pink one that I loved!! Unfortunately, it was to small but I used the drawer from that one in the white on to keep her bottoms organized.





Crib: Graco, gift from my parents

Curtains: Ikea

Night stand: Ikea

Light: gift

Luggage Toy Chest: Ikea

Zebra rug: My mom and I made (HERE is a link to make your own. We free handed our instead of printing the stencil.)

Pin Wheels: I made

Picture: Gift

Black Rocker was my husband's and brings back great memories of my bestie (sis-in-law) and I buying it Black Friday and sneaking it into hers and my husbands (we weren't married at the time, I don't think we were even dating?) small apartment.  



 Here are some of the details I love.

Top photo: shelves are from Ikea. Paper banner, flower roses, letter "M" I made. Flower roses were made out of bible pages, the letter "M" I cut it out of the crib cardboard and wrapped in pink yarn. The Eiffel tower on the wall was a gift. The football is a game winning Shock football my husband caught!

Left photo: Cute montage of tissue paper pom poms, tulle pom poms, and paper lanterns

Right Photo: the coat hook is a yard sale find.


One Last shot of the crib!!

I absolutely love this room. I just go in here and sit. It's so calming and relaxing.

I hope you enjoyed the view into our nursery. What is your favorite room in your house?

2 comments:

  1. How fun to get a tour of Mackenzie's room! (Did I spell her name right?)Love all the girly touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete