Tuesday, October 30, 2012

5 month mommy and baby favorites

I just realized I have a 5 month old on my hands!! It's hard to believe she has only been here for 5 months, she fits into our lives so nicely, it's like we have had her forever!!

Happy 5 months!!

This is my favorite time of year!! There's so much excitement preparing for the upcoming holidays, more time with family and friends, blessing others, the colors, the clothes, everyone is in a better mood (generally), the shopping, the sales, the activities, so much, I could go on and on!! 

We took Mackenzie to the pumpkin patch!! 

      

We even carved pumpkins with her, I let her feel all the guts. I will post pictures of our pumpkins later!!

Baby update at our last doctors appointment we were 12.25 lbs, and 23.5". Doctor said to start baby food and juice, which surprised me! We have had apple juice, baby oatmeal and sweet potatoes, she loves eating food!! We are very close to sitting up, I think it's more or less impatience with sitting up. She can't reach her toys when she sits up, so she's not interested. We aren't crawling yet instead we crawl in a circle until we are parallel to whatever object she wants and then she rolls towards it! I think that's pretty smart!! We have learned how to growl, and make a scrunchy face. Making her laugh is really hard, she's a lot like daddy, very even tempered and chill.  No teething yet, we did have a weekend of major movement, poor baby! The past 5 months have been a blast, I look forward to the next few, watching her experience her first snowfall, Christmas and more.

Our newest facial expression!


Well, here are some of our 5 month favorites!!


1. Graco Splash Exersaucer; A friend gave me this one, and we are in love!! It gives my arms a break, and she thinks she is so big!!

2. Catchable bubbles; We love bubbles in general but these ones float and more come out at a time.

3. Boppy; We even have this cover!! Since she isn't quite sitting up, this helps keep her balanced.

4. Baby Monitor; Another friend gave us ours, it's an older one then the one pictured. It's also very basic, but it's so sensitive that I can hear her breathing.

5. Pinterest; This has been my baby info source. From baby teething timeline to baby food recipes and so much more.

6. Bumpo; I know this was recently recalled but, we only use it to feed her. So we are sitting right with her to make sure she doesn't fall out. Also since the high chair is still a little big for us, this works great.

7. Taggie; She doesn't go to sleep without it. She loves to play with ribbons as her eyes drift off to dreamland.

8. Infantino carrier; She is such a wiggle worm, that the car seat bugs her. The carrier is nice to have while shopping, I also liked it at the pumpkin patch.

9. Orthodontic pacifiers; We have been using the 6 to 18 month size since she was only 2 months. These are the only ones she has ever liked.

10. Books; We read to her all the time. She also loves to look at books even if we aren't reading. We joined Everyday Moments Baby book club, so far we really like it!!

I think my next blog post will be fall baby fashion. Let me know what you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment