Thursday, December 18, 2014

Blogmas: Silent Night

Activity: Decorate a snowman
Scripture: Luke 2:19-20
19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

I started an advent devotional through the youversion bible app. 
There is a devotional by Kim Walker-Smith for her new Christmas CD. My bestie loves Kim Walker-Smith so I thought I would check it out. This is the perfect rise and nine. I read the devo, read the scriptures, then find the song on youtube to worship a little, it's my favorite worshiping to Christmas carols, then I spend some time in prayer. I really liked today's devotional and wanted to share, the devotional is called "Christmas Overflow"
Silent Night

I absolutely love that in Luke 2, the Bible makes mention of Mary taking a moment to ponder all that was happening. She took the time to store up every precious moment as a treasure in her heart. My favorite line in the song "Silent Night" is "Christ our Savior is born!" in the moment Jesus entered this world, everything changed. From this point on, there was no going back. Jesus came into this world to save us all. Mary and Joseph must have felt the power of the moment and the stirring of overwhelming joy inside of them; nothing would ever be the same again.

In all of the hustle and bustle of the busy holiday season, it is so important for us to stop and just take a moment. Ponder in your heart the miracle that is Jesus and the beauty of what His birth meant for us. Take the time to let your heart feel the excitement and anticipation of what Jesus is doing in your life.


Scriptures: Luke 2:17-20 

Kinda funny that the scriptures of the devotional and the the advent scriptures go together. I love when God works like that. 

Don't forget to get an extra entry for the leggings in yesterday's blog, or just enter in the legging giveaway in blogmas day 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment