Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving decor and food!

One day at work a guy asked me what I was in charge of for Thanksgiving, I proudly responded; "Decorating!". He laughed and laughed and laughed. He told me that Thanksgiving was about the food, Christmas and Halloween were for decorating but Thanksgiving was for the food. I explained that the food doesn't taste as good if the room doesn't look as pretty! So here is how I plan on decorating for Thanksgiving. I will take pictures when I have everything set up to show you how it turned out.

To start off my mom's house has these two huge walkway openings that are screaming for decorations.  I plan on making these coffee filter pom pom's to hang from there.

Show me cute

I have been currently working on these Paper Bag Flowers to hang on the wall in the dining room.

Pinterest

For the table I like to keep it simple, you do have to have lots of room for food. I typically do a butcher paper table cloth to keep clean up easy, this year I think I will go with white table cloth with Paper bag placemats, crayons and newspaper leaves.

Pinterest

Pinterest
Pinterest
You can see how I have decorated in the past and my tips for a stress free holiday here

The Silverware printables, I plan on putting crayons in not silverware.
Now this is the holiday of lots of food and Mondo and I are helping cook. We are in charge of the turkey, he wants to fry it, and cornbread stuffing. Mondo always makes sweet potatoes because nobody else will make them with marshmallows. We also started a new tradition a couple years ago of serving soup with dinner.  I think I want to make this butternut apple one from whole 30 recipes Instagram. My mom and I are planning making mini pies so you can not feel so guilty for trying all the pies. Our list is pumpkin (duh!), apples, pecan, lemon meringue and these cranberry cheesecakes! This is also to add all the food everyone else is bringing, my sister in law and Aunt plan on bringing dessert too! Every holiday or party I always like to make a mocktail, it is so much fun! This Thanksgiving I plan on making this one, cranberry punch. Although, this cranberry pineapple looks yummy too. 
Which one do you vote for?

I can't wait to see and taste all this yummy food. Wednesday while mom and I are baking pies I think I need to taste test each one, you know make sure the mini version tastes as good as the full size!! What do you plan on making for Thanksgiving? Any favorite recipes??

Don't forget to check back Dec. 1st for the 25 days of blogmas and a giveaway!


Dorinda


No comments:

Post a Comment