Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Family Pictures!

I was about to title this "Mackenzie's first Photo shoot", then I remembered she  had pictures taken while in the hospital.

Then I was going to title it "Mackenzie's first family photo". Again remembering, "Oh, yeah they took family photos at the hospital too!!"

If you haven't seen those photo's here are a few....






I wanted to get family pictures in the fall, I love pictures in the fall!! Due to our timing and the photographer's timing this was unable to happen (insert sad face here). We tried to reschedule in early December, again just unable to work. So finally in the beginning of February we were able to make it work!!

We wanted to do them outside but during the week of the pictures all the snow melted and all you saw was icky brown stuff. It was also cold, so I wasn't sure on how to dress baby. Then the photographer called and said we should do pics at home. At first I wasn't excited, she had to convince me. As I thought about it, I thought it was a great idea. Truly it was a great idea the pictures turned out amazing!!

For outfit ideas I turned to Pinterest. Came across The Dating Diva's 101 tips for family photos and that helped a lot!! I decided to keep me and husband in neutral colors, brown, black, white, gray, and blue. For baby I kept those colors in mind and added pink!! Of course girls need pink!!! 

Outfits:
(I tried to find pictures, but couldn't find all of them)

Husband:
Shirt - Oldnavy
Pants: Oldnavy
Feet: Fila Socks

Me:
Tank: Target (similar)
Sweater: Target (similar,similar,similar)
Leggings: Target
Boots: Steve Madden (similar)

Baby:
Outfit #1
Sweater: H&M (similar)
Pants: Carters (similar)
Headband: Hobby Lobby

Outfit #2
Dress: Carters (similar)
Headband: Craft fair

I also turned to Pinterest for family photo pose ideas. In case the photographer ran out of ideas. Luckily she didn't, and she even came with a list of her own!!

Without further ado, here some of the pics. They turned out amazing!!




















Another tip to help save money. Consider using someone just starting out as photographers or still in school for it. They need the experience and are usually less expensive. Ours just finished school and she was great!!!
Let them use your pictures in their portfolio to help them out!!

Photo Lovin' Mama,
Dorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment